D*J*E
Music. Law. Radio. Entertainment.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
A looong week
This has been quite a loooong week. I have spent most of the week researching bootlegging and writing about the legal issues of podcasting.

I did have one completely infuriating incident occur earlier this week. I was supposed to do a photoshoot this weekend. I have known the photographer for a while and he was supposedly a friend of mine. Everyone was trading services on the shoot - someone was donating use of the location, the photographer was supposed to donate his time to take photos (for which he would get to use the photos in his portfolio), and I would get to use the pictures on my website.

I confirmed the date and time with the photographer and then called the person donating the location to confirm the time and date with him. I then called the photographer back to let him know everything was set for the shoot. He then informs me that in the last five minutes "something else came up." What was that something else? It was another photoshoot.

So this "professional" photographer cancelled on me at the last minute to take another shoot. If that wasn't bad enough, he did not understand that what he did was wrong. His response was "Sorry, these things happen. Go on Craigslist to find someone else." After trying to make him see that what he did was unprofessional, inconsiderate, and self-centered, he still did not understand the consequences of his actions. Those consequences being that the entire shoot was cancelled (and so far not rescheduled) because of him.

Note to everyone: When you have a prior commitment, you keep that prior commitment and reschedule the new commitment.