D*J*E
Music. Law. Radio. Entertainment.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Thoughts
It was suggested to me that I begin regularly blogging about my thoughts on the subjects that interest me like music, law, radio, and entertainment. It was also suggested that I keep you all informed of my life and views as a law student and member of the music and radio/podcast industries. So it begins...

A bit about me for those who are new to my life:
I'm a law student pursuing entertainment law with a goal of representing musicians. I also have a podcast radio show called Electric Effect, featuring unsigned and indie bands in Los Angeles. Music has always been one of my passions and I am lucky to be able to merge it with law. I work with a lot of independent musicians and I see them constantly encountering bad deals. I want to represent artists to make sure they can build solid careers and make good choices. Basically, I can help make the business part of their careers run smoothly, allowing them more time and energy to focus on being creative.

In the past, I did college radio, worked at record labels and on other professional radio shows, worked promotions for indie artists, and so on. I do everything for Electric Effect myself, so I'm quite busy. I also write a music review column called Eclectric Ink, which is featured online and in my law school newspaper.

Okay, enough background - here's the scoop on my day:

Today was very busy and very interesting. I spent the day studying, working on a lot of business stuff for Electric Effect, and updating Eclectric Ink. I have my last final (Torts) for the Spring semester in a day and I must say I am glad to be almost done! I won't be getting lazy, however. I start work for my Copyright professor the following week. I am his research assistant and will be helping with volume two of his entertainment law treatise. I'm really excited about that because I will get to expand my knowledge on entertainment law.

I also got a phone call from a prominent podcaster today reaching out to my cause and offering some electric ideas. It's amazing how fantastic opportunities can come one's way when least expected. He is the one who suggested I start this blog and I'm really looking forward to this new blog project.

Finally, here are two YouTube videos I have to share with you:

This video was sent to me by Wei, one of my law school friends. While some actions referenced in this video are part of what gives lawyers a bad rap, it's still quite funny - especially if you've taken a torts class.


Next, I have to share this video to exemplify why Prince is a complete genius. No explanation is really needed, but I always love sharing frequent examples to prove it.


I'm out for the night.
Keep the effect electric,
~D*J*E